Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cherating & KT

myspace graphics

It was supposed to be a trip to Pangkor but unforeseen circumstances changed the plan to head towards the east coast instead.

I was a bit apprehensive at first, knowing that the travelling itself would be tiring enough.. But luckily another stretch of the East Coast highway had opened, saving us a further hour or so of being on the road.. So within 2 hours we were already at Cherating. We got restless and on the spur of the moment decided to join a group of friends to go KT. Unfortunately for me, I came down with a horrible stomach flu but I wasn't gonna give up too easily and stop enjoying my trip.

Now the group decides to be even more adventurous and wanted to go squid jigging or as the locals call it 'candat sotong'. Wah, exciting nye! I have always wanted to try this (my mom too!).. At first, suspen jugak la the girls because the sea was pretty rough and the fishermen were already warning us of being seasick. After downing the anti-seasick tablet ( some had a few dosage) we hoped for the best. Nervous le...

Seriously unexpected. 5 minutes into the boat ride 2 guys and 1 girl were already knocked out. These kapal nelayan can accomodate about 20-25 people comfortably, so its pretty big la.. but the sea was unforgiving. I had a rogue watermelon rolling into my lap! I decided to stand up and look at the area we were heading to ( largely because it was getting uncomfy watching them vomit and groaning).. We got to the spot about an hour plus after leaving Chendering jetty and it was almost sundown... By then, the boatmen were pretty impressed that two girls (myself included hehehehe) were holding up well. They were teasing the guys yang mabuk saying they were practically dead! Aiya...

Well, there was a lot of waiting.. and more waiting.. and still waiting. Dapat la some sotong.. I was so excited and it amused the fishermen/boatmen. Seronok! The best part was, the boatman fried the sotong straight away for us! Delicious! But i got bored soon after since it was dark and couldn't see anything much around us. Eventually I succumbed to nausea.. Decided to get some sleep around midnite and it started to rain.. Around 6a.m I was feeling pretty restless and wanted to go back to the deck.. but everyone was still asleep except for the boatmen/fishermen. Once day break, then everyone started to get up and packed up their gear..




Being on dry land was a great relief! After a short nap and shower, we headed to pasar Payang for lunch and some shopping before heading towards the Crystal Mosque and Taman Tamaddun Islam. Now that came to be a pleasant surprise.. It was worth the visit and I can't wait to see it once it's fully completed.






By evening we were on our way back to Cherating for dinner ... then finally home.


(Graphics from www.bigoo.ws)

No comments: