Thursday, February 15, 2007

Let's Talk about.....FOOD!

Burp.. (ehem.. xcuse me)


Just had dinner at home. Decided that I needed to get off my lazy ass and cook something acceptable. So menu for dinner was grilled sirloin steak, mashed potatoes and spinach. What?? Yup, I am going through a spinach phase. Ah yes.. I will have phases with food. Previously it was nasi lemak (bungkus siap dlm daun pisang ones), before was nasi ayam.. then california temaki.. kerang bakar.. errmm well


I looooove to cook :-) hate the cleaning up though.. thats why i enjoy cooking back home. My mom cleans up after (yippie!) But like my mom, we both don't really enjoy our own cooking. She is THE best cook though and my late grandma too...


Am really missing food in Penang right now. Especially my breakfast haunts for nasi kandar, roti bakar, rojak, chinese food and capati too. Nothing beats the nasi kandar back home and I have tried numerous shops around KL. It's not the commercial type of restaurants that you can find practically everywhere but the ones that only the locals know about. Brought a friend there recently when in Penang and he has fallen in love with it!

I promise to try and get some photos of these lovely indulgences when I get the chance. But it's really something if you get the chance to sample it yourself :-)

No comments: